preheat oven to 350F
grease pan with stick of butter and lightly coat with flour
- 5 1-oz. squares of the baker's chocolate we have (I'll look at the second box we have downstairs later and edit this post)
- 1.5 sticks butter
melt that completely in a pot on low heat
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs (even though the recipe called for 3 - we ran out)
- 1/2 tsp salt [added since I forgot earlier]
- between 1/3 and 1/2 cups flour [edited to correct amount]
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (or was it powder? the one that comes in a cylindrical silver container, not the yellow box)
pour mix into the big baking pan (9"x12"?) and tilt to spread to the edges.
Instructions said 40 min., but that was in 9x9 pan, so I set it to cook for 30 min. At 20 or 25 min. I looked and it looked done-ish so I did the toothpick test and it came out dry, so I stopped cooking it.
They came out good. [Edit: Though they were thin around the edges. Maybe a 9"x9" pan is right after all, or as Meg suggests, 325F?]