- car started sounding funny
- ran a game
- sold some stock
- took the car to A&M
- rode the bus home from work (kinda liked it) (action item 1: get combo pass for august)
- call from A&M informed me that fixing the mechanical problems with my car would cost $4,000
- (WoW) took Dagny to Molten Core, got third piece of Prophecy
- performed additional research on cars, discovering that some good options include Toyota Camry (Hybrid available), Honda Accord (Hybrid discontinued), or Ford Five Hundred. Finally dismissed the idea of getting a smaller, cheaper car like the Scion xA
- Went to the Toyota dealership, test drove a Camry Hybrid at noon, got hyp-mo-tized
- Bought a car, left at 6pm (Reminder to future self: never buy a car in that state of mind again. It turned out well this time, but walk away unconditionally, and come back after at least a day's contemplation.)
- Saw X3 again with surrealestate and plumtreeblossom. They wouldn't listen to my warnings. The sequel better redeem this thing. I suspect it could be possible.
- Had a small brunch with the folks for my D&D game Sunday afternoon. Omelettes, waffles, and bacons were all enjoyed. Smaller crowd meant I was able to actually spend time with guests. Gotta do it again, on this scale.
- Finally got some idea of which way is up in baronet's D&D campaign
- (WoW) took Dagny to Ahn'Qiraj (20), got Ring of Infinite Wisdom, Gloves of Dark Wisdom. Afterwards, got sucked into a pick-up group going to Zul'gurub, winning Cloak of the Hakkari. Great loot night, and I'm under 1600 points from being revered by the Cenarion Circle. At that point, I get my Shroud of Infinite Wisdom.
- Got mocked by coworkers for buying a car two days after saying "I'm going to be strong and just get the Passat repaired, so it'll last at least another couple of years." I don't think the math adds up for doing that, given what I found out the actual cost of the repairs was going to be... but my doubts will continue to nag.
- Enjoyed driving the new car. A lot.
eventful past week
I might start poking my head in over at Dreamwidth. Same name.
I haven't posted here in a while... it seems some people still use LJ, so I might as well give some kind of update. I've been at Google for…
I don't remember. I'll have to look at a calendar or something... Let's see. Somerville, MA Rochester, MN Minneapolis, MN Philadelphia, PA…