- WoW - attempted to help a tree spirit escape the tainted land of Felwood. Failed, as we were ambushed by four or five satyr-like demons about 2/3 of the way through (like 15 minutes of walking and killing easy stuff, until that point! Ugh!)
- Disassembled my camera, and cleaned out a ton of lint from the viewfinder, flash, and (I think) light meter... And around the LCD display. I reassembled it, and only had one extra piece leftover! A new record low ;-)
There were two good side effects of this cleaning. The light meter now sees well enough that pictures with flash do not consistently turn out washed out anymore. The LCD no longer flakes out such that I have to apply pressure to a specific spot on the chassis to get a decent view of what I'm looking at.
- Went to work, spent eight hours there getting things to the point where it's just debugging tomorrow... or so I hope. I ducked out for a nicer lunch, getting some barbecue from Blue Ribbon. A nice treat.
- Hung out with a couple of friends, walking around Mass Ave towards H^2 and back, doing a couple odd jobs, and arguing over dinner and plans. Was laid back and relaxed, and generally enjoyed the warmth of peopleness. Don't get enough of that lately.
I guess that could be work-related too. :) At least Thursday night was nice with a friend's get-together. Even if it was small, it was lots of fun, and warm.
- Came home and ran the quest again... Tried to solo it again, thinking it was going to be a tough fight. But when I got to the point of the ambush, a random stranger showed up and helped out. Made it extremely easy. Gotta love a world where that happens; seeing the fight where I left it (I couldn't stay to help, or I would have failed the quest - you have to stay near the creature you're escorting) I have to think the person died to let me finish the quest. I should send him/her some potions later on. Gotta remember that.
- Chatted a bit online afterwards (bringing me to... now). Just want to say that sometimes the most comforting thing in the world is a well-placed exclamation point.
If this ends up meaning we can't run... I may have to relax the attendance requirements for the run. I suppose it's possible to run a larger run with more characters if you can run with an incomplete set. Maybe I should explore that. It'd let me get more people in that I just couldn't fit.
Other things to think about for the future - how am I going to find time to try rock climbing? I need to try it one of these days. It just isn't seeming like it'll happen.