1. Godfather's Pizza - sausage and mushroom. (Just like we'd get at lunchtime in high school!)
2. Hong shao niu rou mien (red-cooked beef noodle soup). Also known as szechuan beef soup noodles, at Mary Chung's, though they use kinda bad quality meat for theirs. I should make some of this again sometime, now that I just dug up the recipe.
RED COOKED BEEF WITH NOODLES (hongshao niuroumien) 1 1/2 pounds beef Cut the beef into 2-inch cubes. 3-inch piece fresh Peel the ginger, then chop it coarsely into pieces ginger the size of a pea. 8 cloves garlic Smash the garlic cloves with the flat side of your cleaver, then peel, but don't chop. 5 scallions Clean the scallions, then chop two of them, both the green part and white, into tiny pieces, about the size of a match head; leave the others whole. 1/2 cup peanut oil Heat your wok or pan over a moderately high flame for about 15 seconds, then pour in the oil. It should be hot enough to cook with when the first tiny bubbles form and a few small wisps of smoke appear. (garlic & ginger) When the oil is ready, throw in the garlic, chopped 2 tablespoons hot ginger, hot pepper paste, Szechwan peppercorns, whole pepper paste scallions, and beef. Stir-fry these ingredients over 1 teaspoon Szechwan a fairly high flame for 1 minute, using your cooking peppercorns shovel or spoon to scoop the ingredients from the (the whole scallions) sides of the pan and then stir them around in the (beef) middle, so every piece of meat is exposed to the hot oil. 1 teaspoon granulated Add the sugar and soy sauce and continue stir-frying sugar the contents of the pan for 2 more minutes. 3 tablespoons soy sauce water Pour in enough water to cover the meat and bring it to a boil. Then lower the flame, cover the pan, and let the meat simmer for about 1 1/2 hours, or until it has become very soft. 1 pound noodles, fresh About 15 minutes before you are ready to eat, prepare Chinese or fettucine the noodles according to the directions on the package. (beef) When the beef is thoroughly cooked, taste the broth 1 teaspoon salt, or to for seasoning. Then add the salt. Sprinkle the beef taste with the chopped scallions and serve. (chopped scallions)
3. a tie between grilled cheese sandwich and PBJ (crunchy peanut butter) w/ milk
4. 40-clove chicken with asparagus
5. hungarian beef goulash
6. steamed chinese bun with pork and vegetable (like the ones at Mary's dim sum... but homemade) - need to try to make these for myself sometime too.